Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 4 months ago

This meal is rather sorry looking, why?

What kinds of things could have been done to improve my sorry looking combo of sweet corn kernels, potatos and processed meat of some description with cooked onions?

THANKS

Attachment image

7 Answers

Relevance
  • edward
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

Theres no colour and it’s swimming in gravy

• John
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

Serious feedback, beginning with that we can't taste the flavors. It's just a picture. Maybe the steak isn't bad, it's buried under the onions in the pic. That should be seared so it has some crust on it, which equals flavor. After a good dose of salt and pepper. The onions are overcooked and I'd make the pieces 2-3 times bigger. Boiled potatoes taste like almost nothing. Take the two on the right side, slice them up, also dose them with a good portion of salt and pepper, and fry them in a saucepan in butter or at least a nice oil. THEN they will taste like something. This is corn season. That corn should be cut off of a fresh ear and boiled in salted water for about 3 minutes. Yours looks either overcooked or even frozen. Finally, put the gravy on the potatoes and only the potatoes. If you like it on your meat, put a puddle on the plate and put the meat on top of it. Right now everything on your dish tastes like gravy. You want to taste everything separately and the gravy is just enhancement and some juice. A dry, grilled steak with a pile of yummy onions on top, a nice pile of fresh kernel corn (could put a pat of butter on that) and a side of cottage fries with some nice gravy, all seasoned properly. Yours doesn't look SO bad except the potatoes need something. But you asked.

• CrustyCurmudgeon
      Lv 7
      4 months agoReport

The plate is drowning in sauce/gravy. The corn could be served on the cob, the steak on the onion with a little of he sauce, and as suggested, and sliced potato with some of the sauce. The plate is kind of a food swamp.

• Cara
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

Take away two or three of those potatoes and add some colourful veg, such as peas and carrots.

• Bear
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

Needs less potatoes,and should have carrots,sprouts/cabbage & some cauli.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 months ago

It's because it's a very basic combination of foods. If you'd used recipes to introduce some innovation, it might have looked better. For example a hash of chopped potato, canned meat, corn, and preferably the addition of sweet peppers, with some chopped green herbs, like chives or parsley, it would have looked a lot livelier.

• 4 months ago

It looks pretty tasty to me. Maybe a little less sauce although I bet it’s good being drenched in it anyways.

• mokrie
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

No color. If there was a sprig of parsley and a slice or two of tomato on the plate it would add some color and liven it up.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.