Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 6 months ago

What would Gordon Ramsay say about my chicken curry?

Obviously you cannot taste it (and I'm really sorry for that). However, please consider that I worked hard on this dish. The rice is one day old, cooked to perfection and fluffy, fried in a the wok with peanut oil, loads of soy, garlic powder and 5 spice / seasoning. Also a cheeky touch of MSG. The chicken curry is made from authentic paste and ingredients (apple, banana, ginger etc.) oppose to that instant mix powder. You have my word that this is incredible and tastes just like authentic take out. This is the real deal people. I just want an idea of what Gordon would say though, what kinds of things would he criticize? I can only think the presentation is a bit lacking. Oh also, I left out prawns this time

Even the chicken pieces were velveted so they are soft and moist

It doesn't bear thinking about what he'd make of it. If we saw it on tv I'd imagine most of his comments would be bleeped out.

That does really look hideous though; sorry.

• 6 months agoReport

wow 😮

Everything looks too mushy to me.

• 6 months agoReport

How many hard chicken currys have you eaten?

Fried rice with curry would doubtless be his first criticism. That's overkill and you've gone Chinese with it. Apple and banana have no place in a curry paste would be his second. Have you ever compared your recipe with an authentic Indian dish? There's no such thing as 'authentic' take out. Curries produced for that purpose can be tasty but are nothing whatever like the real deal. Gordon would be appalled that that was the standard you were aiming for.

On the other hand, if you have produced a dish you love the taste of, and are eating it yourself, I'm sure Gordon would say 'crack on mate'.

• 6 months agoReport

What do you think authentic chinese curry paste is made from? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=el9JWSB8G2M