My gf never makes time to talk to me while I'm away. Long distance relationship help?

My gf lives in my college town and I go home for breaks (5 hours away), so we spend 4 or 5 months of the year apart. When we're together, everything is fine and we have no problems, but when I'm away we bicker often because I feel like she doesn't make enough time for us to talk. She opens at work and I... show more My gf lives in my college town and I go home for breaks (5 hours away), so we spend 4 or 5 months of the year apart. When we're together, everything is fine and we have no problems, but when I'm away we bicker often because I feel like she doesn't make enough time for us to talk. She opens at work and I close so we have limited time in the day we can talk. The only free time we have is early in the morning and late at night. I stay up until 5:00 so I can talk to her when she gets ready and drives to work. However, in the afternoon, I feel like she doesn't make the same effort as I do. She'll go all day and not text me, but then blame it on work. I can clearly see she's on social media or our friend will tell me she's texted him, but then she'll tell me she can't be on her phone at work. At night, I'll get off around 10:30 and I expect her to be in bed by then when she has to work the next day, but when she has the next day off, she'll be hanging out with our friends and only call me when she's getting into bed. I respect when she wants time with our friends, but she'll never tell them no to talk to me. They all know our situation too so I know they won't be mad. I don't see why she can't hang with them for a couple hours then send them home to talk to me for a bit. That's all I ask. I don't need all of her time, but it sucks when you get 10 minutes and you know everyone else gets so much more. I've tried talking to her, but she gets all defensive and it goes nowhere. Help?
0