I had my earlobe pierced 8 weeks ago and I've noticed a pimple-like bump close to the ear hole. Could this be related to the new piercing?

I had my second and third earlobe piercing around eight weeks ago (pierced two weeks apart). They're not fully healed yet. Then I noticed this bump located near my ear hole (a cm or so away from the piercing). It's painful an red like a pimple but slightly bigger. I had it for 4 days now. Is it possible that it's an infection related to my new piercings?

• Laura

It most likely is related to your piercing. I would go to your piercer and have them take a look at it. If you got this piercing done with a gun, don't go back to the retail worker who did this to you, go to a professional piercer instead.

Just make sure to not touch it or pop it if it is a pimple. It may be a bug bite if it hasnt formed a white spot on it.