varun asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 10 months ago

Wanna shed some kilos off my body!!?

Hi everyone I’m on my weight loss journey and it’s been 20 days today. My current weight is 102kg with a BMI of 32.6 and my height 5’9. I’m following a good diet and counting my calories (700-900 cal/day). My diet contains more protein and less carbs and i do weight training as well as cardio, my workouts are intense and moderate. So my question is according to my diet and physical activity how many kilos can i drop, i have 2 months of time and my ideal weight is 85. Any tips and advice will be highly appreciated thank you!!!

• Eva

Your calorie count is too low. It shouldn't be below 1200. Your goal is pretty ambitious but it is doable in 2 months as long as you keep up the physical activity. At some point you will hit a plateau, as everyone does. When that happens, you'll need to change your physical activity. Change either the intensity or duration but not both. Change the type of activity as well. If you do the same exercise every day, your body gets used to it. You have to change it to make your body re-adapt.

Did your doctor recommend a diet with calories of such an extremely low level? Although you are 224 lbs, you are pretty tall. You would lose weight eating 1200 and it would generally be healthier as what you are consuming now is starvation level. This often results in a sluggish metabolism and usually means you will quickly gain the weight back. It is also bad for your heart and other organs...I would talk to your doctor if you haven't already.

• Petter

Well, they say that 1 kilo of lost weight is about 7 000 calories. If you eat only 700-900, you should be at least 1 000 calories short per day, thus 7 000 calories short (low count) in a week. Add to that the amount of exercise you do and you should end up with a 1-2 kg weight loss per week, depending on how much you exercise. Say 1,5 in average x 8 = 12 kg in two months time?