promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 10 months ago

Do atheist treat the THEORY of evolution and big bang THEORY as facts?

Do they have FAITH in these THEORIES? And why not have FAITH in GOD instead?

25 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 months ago

Believing in evolution and the big bang (like believing in God or creation) requires acceptance of a certain presuppositional dogma and it requires placing one’s faith in a story about the unrepeatable past. To accept that worldview, you must have faith in a professor or textbook—or yet another secondhand source and that secondhand source’s interpretation. After all, not a single person was alive to see how the universe or life began or the supposed evolution of life on earth. Any argument or idea that makes claims about the unrepeatable past requires belief. We may have reasons (right or wrong) to believe what we believe, but we cannot go back in time to see if that belief is right.

They often claim: “Evolution is just as substantiated as the theory of gravity,” and they like to play on that word “theory.” But, everyone has observed an object falling at 9.8 meters per second squared. On the other hand, no one has observed a universe come into existence, or life come from non-life (chemical evolution), or functional complex design come from non-intelligence, or the supposed common descent of all life. They are failing to differentiate between operational science (such as gravity) and historical science (interpreting evidence from the past). And, by the way, gravity as a scientific concept (an attractive force between two masses) was discovered by Sir Isaac Newton who just so happened to be a creationist.

==========

Where you there when the universe popped into existence and exploded or expanded? No, well do you see universes popping into existence today? Were you there when non-living matter gave rise to life? No, well do you see non-living matter giving rise to life today? Where you there when single-celled organisms gave rise to true multicellular organisms, when invertebrates gave rise to vertebrates, when apelike creatures gave rise to man, etc.? No, well do you see it happening today? Sounds like faith to me. You have to believe that matter came into existence by itself and then arranged itself into information systems—we think that is what goes against REAL science.

• ...Show all comments
    • Questioner
      Lv 7
      9 months agoReport

Lighting, you are grossly ignorant about the facts because of your mindless gullibility in believing the LYING crap you find in your atheistic sources. That sure is easy to say, isn't it?

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    10 months ago

facts and theories are not the same thing

but your analogy is correct god is a theory not proven by fact just as big bang is a theory not proven

god is a word of mouth myth created buy humans

the big bang is a theory based on the Facts of movement of bodies and matter in the visible areas of space

FYI in the limited theory many people think of only local space... I see the big bag as limited thinking

Eternal space and time has no end no beginning and the local big bang is one of billions like a huge bag of marbles thrown in a football stadium --- billions of big bangs all in eternal time and space we cannot see due to eternal distance .

• 10 months ago

I do, because there are HARD FACTS that support these theories.

• D g
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

Of course why believe in science w hg en the truth is given to you because you can't think for yourself

An intelligent persons guess is worth more than an idiots absolute certainty

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 months ago

Evolution is a fact, but the big bang theory is not a fact, it is a theory with many, many holes and flaws, and there are many physicists that do not agree with it. The big bang theory is based on the idea that ''space'' is expanding, which itself is based on very flawed misinterpretation of basic observations. It's not that hard to understand why its false, and many scientists disagree with it.

When it comes to evolution, that's not a theory, it is a basic observational fact. We all see evolution. When you have a baby, that's called evolution. The baby will have half of your DNA, half of your wife's DNA, and some random mutations would have contributed to its own unique genetic sequences as well. This process of DNA modification by reproduction is called Evolution. Small changes accumulate over time and result in a completely different animal. But the process is the same. One animal reproduces, the offspring has different DNA, thus it's slightly different. That's Evolution. We all see it. Nobody has or can see Big Bang because it a flawed theory that goes against against basic observations.

• Cowboy
    Lv 6
    10 months ago

ALL scientific theories are based on observed facts and proven hypotheses, yet they are ever subject to revision as we learn more and more. Faith in any of the gods relies on learning less and less with fewer and fewer facts.

• Zirp
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

Untill you come up with a theory that explains the things we observe better, we assume they are facts yes.

Having faith in God is a personal choice, as there is very little evidence that (s)he exists.

If (s)he exists, (s)he doesn't want us to have proof of it.

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

Faith is confidence in things unseen.

The theory of evolution has nothing to go by but artist's renderings... very sad, really.

I believed it too... for decades.

Why wouldn't I? It was a believable lie...

Then I did the research. Here is a tiny tidbit of what I uncovered:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/yz8eYCoASU3Lkd9L9

These trees were buried by tsunami waves; the mud engulfed them, burying them upright.

Under the forces of extreme pressure minerals in the sediment turned them to stone. 

*Stone cannot be dated.*

Once around the sun = one year.

You can't hold up a rock and tell us how many times it has travelled around the sun:

it does not 'age'.

Every fossil that exists on the planet was created during the world-wide flood.

That's why there are clam fossils on the top of Mt. Everest.

Nevertheless, if they don't listen to Moses and the prophets, they also won't be convinced even if someone was to rise from the dead.

• 10 months ago

No. I treat the Theory of Evolution as a theory and the facts of evolution as facts, because I understand what those words mean.

• Tangi
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

No we treat the FACT of evolution and the FACT of the Big Bang as facts.

We treat the THEORY of evolution and the Big Bang THEORY as scientific theories, that's to say the models that explain these facts the most accurately.

I don't have faith in these theories, I had them demonstrated to me. That's one thing your god does not have, and it makes a big difference.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.