Question for parents?

For you parents to always tell your children if they don’t like your rules to leave.

Please explain to me why you crying about how lonely you feel and why your children don’t call you or visit.

Do you not understand that we now have our own lives and things to do that you are now on the back burner until we have time for you.

Why do parents dish out things that they cannot take

First, if a grown child lives with their parents, they should abide by the parent's rules. If a grown child wants to live with their parents, have their parents support them then complain they are adults and don't have to follow the rules, they should leave. If a child resents the fact that they have to pay their own way, and blame their parents for making them grow up, that is a problem the child should solve instead of being petty. My kid stayed at home until she was done with her schooling. She was well into her 20's and we made her obey our rules. She will always be my baby, but now we are friends.

• Snoopy

I am not a parent but my parent suffered from depression all throughout my life so I understand what you are asking. As someone who has had difficult times while lonely I realised how different things can be. When you learn to deal with your own problems you start to understand less why the parent is unable to do the same. And I think the conclusion is you need to be more patient. But it is up to them to be wanting that and change their life for the better; just take care of your life too. xx

• edward

Because they cared about you for 18 years of your life. The least you could do is call. My mom hasn’t driven in years, i’m her personal driver and keep this in mind, i lived in a different house downtown for 7 years

So your point is you moved out and don't contact your parents. Got it.

• F D T9 months agoReport

What a stupid ****

• Pippin

I've never said that to my daughter and don't know anyone who said that.

You have serious issues, don't you? Bitter much? Maybe you should be saying this to your parents since it seems you have some bitter attitude towards them. Go into therapy for your problems. This is not normal thinking btw.