How can i help my bf who might have BPD(borderline personality disorder)?

My bf of 4 years has alwaya had anger issues. I no he had a rough childhood and considered his parents to be dead since 14. He jsut told me what really happened. Ive always tried to be patient with his behavior but alot of times it gets to me and we argue alot. I try to justify it with his childhood. So today he... show more My bf of 4 years has alwaya had anger issues. I no he had a rough childhood and considered his parents to be dead since 14. He jsut told me what really happened. Ive always tried to be patient with his behavior but alot of times it gets to me and we argue alot. I try to justify it with his childhood. So today he told me what really happened and found bpd and it describes him perfectly and makes sence. Someone is not as angry at the world for death but abandoment can cause anger and hate. He fits the description perfectly. I want to try to help him becasue he hates his temper but i honeslty dont think he can control it. But how can i help someone with bpd. I dont want to baby him and let him through his fits but i also dont want to let it get to me tk were i add fuel to the fire. Any suggestions of some self care tips