Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 12 months ago

Religious people, what is wrong with me?

I started to think about some things that I did wrong and felt this nervous feeling inside and my back was hurting me. I felt stressed I suppose. Do you ever get nervous when you think about bad stuff you did?

Favorite Answer

There's nothing wrong with you - your conscience is working at 100% by the sound of things.

That's why God gave us all the conscience, so that we would feel guilty about our sinfulness and wrong thinking and go to Him to ask for forgiveness and get help not to repeat our sins.

The only way to be made into a better human being and stop doing the bad things we have done and stop feeling so bad about them too, is to ask Jesus to forgive us, ask Him to change us INSIDE and start to follow Him in our lives. Read the Bible because in there, you will see HOW to love your enemies, bless those who hurt you, pray for and be kind to those who persecute you and abuse you for being a Christian (Matthew 5:44) and you will also see other instructions in God's Word which God will help you to follow and obey by His Spirit, so that He CAN change you and make you ito a better person.

We can never change ourselves, but when you become a Christian, all of a sudden you realize that you are not swearing any longer, no longer doing bad or sinful things, in fact, you don't even want to do bad things any more.

It's a great release to have a lighter attitude and want the best for all of mankind, instead of being selfish and having a desire to climb over everyone else to reach your goals in life, no matter who you hurt along the way.

If you do hurt anyone, you will feel those pangs of conscience and God will help you if you confess to Him, by forgiving you (thereby taking away the burden of sin) and helping you to apologize to the other person and in future not take those bad paths to sin.

So don't despair - there's nothing wrong with you - as I said, your conscience is still working fine.

However, if you should ignore it too many times and not go to the Lord for help not to repeat your sins in the future and carry on with your old life of wickedness, your conscience WILL one day become seared and then it will be too late to ask God to change you because by then you will be a hardened case, a nut too hard to crack

I can get a vice-like pain in the middle of my back when I'm in a stressful situation, like driving the car when instant decisions have to be taken about which lane to get into or what exit to take off the motorway. But when you get physical pain recalling bad things you have done, then your conscience is really trying to tell you something. Whatever you do, don't dismiss that. Many people have crushed their conscience when it troubles them, until they get to the point when it has become seared, as with a branding iron, and no longer feels anything.

The Bible warns about that in 1 Timothy 4:2, connecting it especially with the 'last days'. And right now we see billions of people who cheerfully do things that, only 100 years ago, would have been viewed as repulsive and totally anti-Christ. Therefore, there is nothing wrong with you - just pay attention to your conscience and do not allow this world to make it totally insensitive, as is flesh that has been seared with a branding-iron.

Get to prayer and ask God, in Jesus' name, to show you what is wrong with you, and what His remedy is. Read the gospel message which details all of that. I suggest you start at the New Testament book of Romans and just keep reading till it dawns on you. Read prayerfully, and be open to how God's Holy Spirit will convict you of your sin and the only remedy for it - faith in what Jesus did to deal with sin. Then you will be blessed!

18 "For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them" (Romans 1:18-19).

It's called a conscience.

I get a sudden rush of adrenaline when I remember some of the crap things I've said and done to people but it's momentary and passes especially when I realise

A) I am not that person anymore and

B) it seemed like a good idea at the time

Forgive yourself and move on.

~

the one time that ever happened to me i thought i was going to get arrested and tasted copper in the back of my throat for like 5 minutes.

i think you're afraid of getting caught.

It's not the self-righteous that are made free from sin and saved, but the honest sinner who humbles himself and asks Jesus for forgiveness. See link

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke+...

I get nervous when a strong deuce is brewing and my TP is running low