Can’t get over crush on best friend?

Ive been basically best friends with a girl for the past 2 years. We are constantly texting, doing stuff together, and telling each other about everything we do. I have been in love with her from the first time we hung out and I can’t stop thinking about her. I know we can’t be together in that way and I’ve never told her how i feel because she’s religious and will only date guys who follow the same religion which is not me. However, I can’t get over her and move on with someone else. I don’t want to stop talking to her and being friends but communicating every day has made it impossible to move on. What do I do?

• Hypnos

Why can't she date someone who's not of her religion? You can still be with someone and follow a particular faith. You lose more saying nothing than if you do. Why? Because if you don't it will eat away at you and you will always wonder what if. I once had a crush on my best guy friend, for years actually. The first year we both liked each other but never said anything and so nothing happened, this was revealed when we were speaking one night about his new relationship with my female best friend at the time. I missed out because I said nothing, but I remained friends because I wanted the best for him. The second time long past when my friend dated him and my feelings resurfaced I thought, I can't just not say anything and expect these feelings to go away this time, I have to take a shot at it. So I did and I was rejected, initially. We had gotten into a big argument about something following the day I told him, unrelated as far as I remember and stopped speaking for a long time. That was when he started to miss me and actually tried to pursue me, we tried to make something happen but by the time we got to that point we both realised it just wasn't happening, there was something missing. What I'm trying to say here is, had I never said anything, we never would've gotten to that point and I never would've come to the conclusion that he's really just not the right guy for me. I'm not saying this girl isn't for you, but you'll never know if it's meant to be something if you don't try. Yea sure you can't be disappointed by what you don't say, but you also can't get what you don't fight for.