Can I get a second copy of my drivers ed completion form ? (California)?

I took drivers ed at my high school & completed it. My teacher had to wait a week to get the pink certificates of completion. I’ve sadly lost that form & was wondering if since those forms went through the DMV if my name was maybe already in the file for a possible new copy. So basically if I went to the DMV and asked if my name was there I’m wondering if they’d see my name and be able to give me a new form ?

• May

So BASICALLY you may call or go to the DMV and BASICALLY find out.......Basically

School has a record of it most likely. The yellow copy.(or maybe blue). Am doubting that means much of anything. But they have a record of you taking the course...and your marks.

. You still have to write the test DMV hands you because the school one was still a "Practice test" and DMV puts out the "one that counts".

Just ask the school for another copy. They keep copies of absolutely everything, so they'll definitely have a copy of that.

No don't ask the DMV. The DMV is a government office, and government offices don't do stuff for people.

Get used to that, because that's the rule when dealing with any government office / service / authority, and you need to know it. Here's how it works when dealing with any government body...

If you (just for example) miss a line on your tax return, they'll find you. They'll surround your house with white vans and black helicopters, and they'll know everything about you. They'll know where you live, where you work, who all your friends are, your shoe size and what you had for breakfast last Tuesday, so you better tell them the truth because they know every little detail.

But if you need them for something, anything at all, they've never heard of you before. They won't even believe you are who you say you are.

• Ron

You didn't lose them you misplaced them. Clean your room up

Has it occurred to you to ask the DMV? They, surely, would know.