c asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 12 months ago

when you contest a parking citation do you have to go to court?

i got fined for parking in a 30 min zone at my first day at a new college. i was already driving in circles for 30 minutes and only found that parking, already late 30 minutes to my first class. would that even be a reasonable fight? it's first day so syllabus day could be 30 minutes typically, but it was an hour.

anyways my question is to fight this do i have to go to court or can it all be done online?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • ricky
    Lv 7
    12 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Let me introduce you to reality. None of those reasons you mentioned are going to help you win this case. If it could, everyone that got a ticket could just say they were having a bad day. And yes, you would have to physically appear in court. There isn’t an app.

• 12 months ago

You don't have a reasonable defense to the ticket...sorry. If this occurred on campus, there won't be a court case.

Part of the process of going to college is learning to be responsible. That means planning your day, giving yourself enough time, knowing where to find parking, etc.

• Anonymous
    12 months ago

Whether or not you have to go to court depends on what city, county, state/province, and country you're in, and what the law is in said area.

That being said, you have no case, so don't bother.

• Jenny
    Lv 6
    12 months ago

Generally no, you don't have to go to court and can just pay the fine. As others have said, if being late were an excuse then there'd be no parking tickets.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • PoBoy
    Lv 7
    12 months ago

Unfortunately, it is your job to realize that, being new to the college, you would need extra time. The fact is you failed to prepare for the circumstances. I'd pay the fine and learn from your mistake.

• Edwena
    Lv 7
    12 months ago

For a student to protest a parking citation on a college campus is like a joke if futility.

• 12 months ago

IF your defense is "I had to park there because I was late", don't even bother.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.