Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 4 months ago

Dear moderate Democrats: Bernie or bust unless you want another Trump term?

I have a feeling that a lot of older moderate Democrats will vote for Biden simply because they think being VP makes him more qualified. If Biden wins the Primaries, then Trump is almost guaranteed another term. How did that work out for HRC?

Favorite Answer

@ Poboy I only block users who personally insult me.

The "moderate" Democrats will have the following choices in 2020 if they don't want to vote Republican:

1. Not vote. #walkaway

2. Vote Green or Libertarian.

3. Vote for a candidate that wants to destroy the USA.

• john

No older people are going to vote for Bernie because they know his policies with bankrupt the country. They sound great but are just way too unrealistic. Most of his supporters haven’t even had to do their own finances yet so they aren’t knowledgeable on that stuff.

Biden is a highly experienced, long term public servant of the American People who knows and understands how government works.

Trump was under federal indictment for FRAUD with the Trump University Scandal while running in 2016 and the Mueller Report did not excuse him of obstruction of justice which congress will take up when they get back from vacation.

• Yavan

More into Warren or Harris to tell you the truth.

I could get behind Sanders if he made it through, but probably a bad idea.

As for another Trump term..

Well, Trump already messed us up for a decade and a half… I mean…

A second Trump term I basically interpret to mean God is REALLY angry at America and she will pay dearly for all her vanities.

I mean, seriously, conservatives? He hasn't dragged you through enough mud, yet? You're actually enjoying this?

If the economy tanks, then anyone is going to be able to beat Trump.

I don't think Biden knows what day it is.

Let's lean for a real moderate Republican such as John Kasich

• PoBoy

Bernie gave us Trump in '16, just like Nader gave us Bush in '00. Of all the Democrats I socialize with, and there are many, none are in the Bernie or Bust camp. On the contrary, the mantra is Any Blue.

@WT Door - since you are a coward and blocker, I'll post this here. There is a 4th choice and the choice all Democrats I associate with will follow: vote for the nominee. There are more Republicans walking away from Trump's fascism than Democrats unhappy with our process. No one will vote Green or Libertarian, see '16 and '00. And Biden will save America, not destroy it like Trump/Koch/Walton/Adelson/Mercer are determined to do. We are NOT fascists.

Likewise. I only insult/block in retaliation. If you claim I insulted you I call BS.

They won't listen to you. Sadly, a lot of my fellow Democrats can be just as gullible as Trumptards.

Source(s): Liberal Democrat who recognizes that Bernie was pro-LGBT and pro-women's rights before it was cool.