Do you agree that it's a bad idea to raise children with Atheism?

Kids raised with no God and no religion. Thoughts?

No; I don't agree. Children, and everybody else, deserve to be told the truth. The truth, as I define it, is what a person honestly thinks and believes. I am an atheist, and I will tell, anybody that asks me, exactly what I think. Nobody knows how things are; everybody knows only how they think things are. Anyone should be able to tell, anyone that wants to hear, how they think things are. I think people, including children, should listen to what everybody else has to say, and judge for themselves what makes the best sense.

Yes but kids have the right to have their own beliefs.

Well, it's much better than raising children with athiesm, which is what some people here complain about.

• No,I don't agree that it’s a bad idea to raise children with atheism.I'm an atheist who thinks that they ought to learn how to think critically first and then get to decide whether they want to be religious or not,perhaps when they reach a relatively appropriate age.And when it comes to religious people(like the ones in the abrahamic religions)what I would suggest to them is that religion should not be forced on their children,especially not on the children of many Muslims and Christians(for example)who seem to believe that children don't go to hell anyway if they died as children(believers or nonbelievers).So,especially,for those who believe so:why not allow your children to decide on religion when they reach the age on which they could go to a hell if they died a nonbeliever(or possibly go to a heaven if they were really convinced of the relative religion rather than pretend to be convinced then go to a hell because they did not really believe)?

• I care

I can see by your comments in a small way you do understand some of God's Word. It would be better for the entire family to thrive to know GOD TOGETHER AS EXAMPLES.

I think you shouldn't put any beliefs on your kid the children should learn about life on their own.

Yes. It would be much better to raise children to seek truth for themselves.

No,because atheism does not claim anything other than disbelief in god(s).

But teach them about demons, hell, devil etc and perhaps burning forever after death, then they are likely to become screwed up permanently by age 11 or 12.

• antonius

canadacraig - Oh, and you know most atheist? What an absolutely huge pile of bovine droppings! Specifically, atheism is the acceptance of reality and non-acceptance of belief in the existence of a god.

no, it's totally fine. I grew up with an atheist mother and father and I enjoyed it very much. you don't force them into some religion.. you just allow them to believe what they want or not be religios at all. and you don't have to be religious to be mature and open minded.. jeez.

Not at all. Teach children to think and allow them to read whatever they like. Encourage them to explore the possibilities of religion and if they want to be religious, they can be. Atheism is not a doctrine or dogma, it has no scriptures, leaders, rituals or organisation, it is simply the disbelief in gods.

• 8 months agoReport

NO TALK TO COP W/OUT LAWYER
      https://warcraftking.tumblr.com/post/183426049964/antifa-trump-robert-kraft-sell-sex-and-earn

BAN GUN
      https://warcraftking.tumblr.com/post/185318078074/if-you-can-convince-trump-to-say-ban-gun-he-can

JEWS MUST LASER TILL VANISH BY 2047
      https://m.vk.com/wall519091887_137

• Yavan

I believe children should be raised open-minded.

I am a Christian myself, but never had children.

If I had, I certainly would have imparted my beliefs to them, But I don't think they should be forced.

Belief is, after all, a personal matter.