Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 4 months ago

Is having 2 jobs while a freshman in college a good idea or even possible?

I plan on working on campus during the week and off campus on the weekends. Im not sure how hard the classes are but I'm going to Angelo State University and majoring in Pre Nursing.

• juliet
    Favorite Answer

I’m a nursing major (my school was direct entry, we didn’t have a prenursing) and I’ve had a work study the past 3 years working 9-11 hours and it was totally fine. This semester, I’m going to get 2 jobs to bump my hours up to about 12-15. I think as long as you don’t go over 20 hours in a week, you can still focus on nursing school. Luckily with prenursing, your doing gen Ed’s for 2 years. You should be fine with even touching 25 hours for these first 2 years. But I would work the least amount you can.

I had two part-time jobs the whole time I was in college, many years ago (1970-1974). Back then, that was enough to pay my expenses and tuition while living cheaply.