Is it bad when a customer asks for my name in retail?

I’m already unreasonably anxious about losing my job (this is also the first job I’ve ever had so idk **** about the real world) so when people ask for my name I get even more concerned. Are they mad at me, or are they just going to explain their situation to my boss and say which worker was trying to help them out? They haven’t seemed too malicious when helping but it is always older suburban moms who are typically already passive aggressive so idk.

There are places that I shop regularly and I find it handy to know the people there.

• ?

Honestly, it can be bad, but its usually fairly benign. Occasionally it can mean they want to complain to your supervisor about you, but most of the time they just want to be able to name drop if they have a problem down the line (i bought this off james yesterday, i dont have a receipt but he'll remember me)

Maybe your anxiety is written all over your face and they hope that by using your name in conversation, it might take you down a peg.