My boss won’t let me manage even though I am a manager?

My boss who is the owner of the franchise I work at won’t let me manage. For example the job is super easy it’s simple tasks such as wiping a surface, sweeping, mopping, and counting change correctly. The employees for some reason cannot seem to do these simple tasks correctly. I’ve told them something many times... show more My boss who is the owner of the franchise I work at won’t let me manage. For example the job is super easy it’s simple tasks such as wiping a surface, sweeping, mopping, and counting change correctly. The employees for some reason cannot seem to do these simple tasks correctly. I’ve told them something many times and have gotten no results because my boss will not let me write them up. The issue is the employees don’t respect management because they know we won’t discipline them. I don’t know how she expects these issues to be solved without discipline and me not being able to do my job is making me feel like I’m doing bad at my job although I know what the problem and solution is. I’m just not allowed to move forward with my solution. How should I go about explaining to my boss that the lack of discipline is the issue within this establishment without me getting myself fired?
13 answers 13