Serious pain making me unable to sleep?

I woke up with a really strong pain in my buttocks and abdomen kind of like I needed to go to the bathroom, but that’s not what it is. It’s so intense it made me have to get up out of bed to sit on the couch and hug my knees to my chest (which alleviated some pain). What’s going on? Should I be worried, or is it just something I ate?

• Lili
    Favorite Answer

It probably is gas. You might want to take some simethicone -- the active ingredient in OTC products like Gas-X or the drugstore versions. Some plain yogurt or a probiotic like Philips Colon Care could help, too.

Usually gas will work its way through your system on its own (and even simethicone can take an hour or so to work), but a bad gas attack can be quite painful until it does.

• concerned9 months agoReport

That’s exactly what it was. The feeing passed and I’m okay now, but in the moment it was pretty upsetting. Thank you!

It's just gas. What did you eat?