high school physics long term project?

I am a physics teacher. My school is requiring that we do a long term project. It will be around 3-4 days.

What is a good project that I can do with my students.

One teacher mentioned that he is doing rockets.

What do you all recommend?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

How about conservation of energy?

Experiment with pendulums, balls on ramps, elastic collisions, springs, gravity.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Vaman
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Better to build sun dial and try to see date and time of the day. It is very tricky. It is also called as Surya Yantra.

• oubaas
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

I dare suggest something closer to us : "electric motor systems" on full electric and hybrid cars, highlighting how technology has changed electric machines in the last twenty years !!

• 6 months ago

You can teach your students to make a suit of chocolate so when they are hungry they can just breaks off pieces of the suit and eat it

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Joe
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Does a head-on collision between two cars, each traveling at speed S, produce the same damage as a single car collision with a brick wall at speed 2*S?

Mythbusters did this; perhaps you can find some video. Seems I recall lumps of modeling clay to deform on collision in a measurable way (attached to the front of toy cars), and that they used ramps to impart kinetic energy to the toy cars in a repeatable way, as a function of height.

Very respectable scale model science.

Mythbusters being Mythbusters, they did a full-scale test at the end...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.