What should you tell a former classmate/friend who flaked out on a little mini-reunion?

Had a little mini reunion with just the three of us. It has been many years since school. One of the lady’s husbands passed away tragically a few years ago. She is also very needy. We invited her out but she did not show up nor let us know she was not coming. She then said something about having to take her daughters out shopping...but this is after we contacted her first. What do you make of her and this situation?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    11 months ago
    Favorite Answer

i wouldnt invite her anywheres again

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    11 months ago

I'd say she's earned the right to be a little flaky since her husband has passed away. Give her a bit of space, let her know that it's okay that she missed the event and that she can decide to show up once she's most comfortable to come out again. Or maybe go see her personally at her place?

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    11 months ago

Tell her you're sorry she missed the event but that if she ever feels capable of catching up you'd still be available. A widow with kids probably has virtually no time for socializing...so I wouldn't be too hard on her.

• 11 months ago

Sometimes it is very hard for a widow to go out with women who are married and who still have their husbands and talk about them. She can't.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.