I would win in this case right?

So I was walking my dog on a leash home from taking care of my friend's dogs that live down the road(my dog and their dogs are besties) while my friends are on vacation and out of a yard along the road four or five medium to large dogs came tearing out and started attacking my dog. The leash got ripped out of... show more So I was walking my dog on a leash home from taking care of my friend's dogs that live down the road(my dog and their dogs are besties) while my friends are on vacation and out of a yard along the road four or five medium to large dogs came tearing out and started attacking my dog. The leash got ripped out of my hand as my dog was trying to get away because we trained her not to attack other dogs. I would've used my mace but I didn't want to hit my dog, so instead I got my hunting knife, but left the cover on, and started swinging and jabbing at them. I think I may have accidentally fractured one of the dog's left scapula because there was an audible cracking noise and it yelped and limped away. While I'm fighting to protect my dog, I $hit you not, their owner just stands in the driveway watching and calling to them. When the dogs finally go back to their yard, their owner comes out to me. I expected him to be all sorry and making sure we were okay(we were, my dog easily out maneuvered them) instead he was yelling at me saying he was going to sue me for injuring his dog. I was too tired for his bull$hit so I just took off down the road. I know that was ridiculous because I was acting in self-defense. I just wanted to confirm it.
Update: Yes it was on a dirt road in a leash law area. Luckily my dog was okay, she's part Greyhound. I'm mostly pissed that they did nothing while their dogs were attack mine and myself.
Update 2: I really didn't want to hurt the dogs, and injuring that dog to that extent was purely accidental. I really love dogs, but if MY dog is threatened, the angry mama bear comes out.
Update 3: The leash was RIPPED out of my hand. I didn't let go. We were effing UNDER ATTACK. No this is not a troll question. My dog did ZERO damage to the other dogs.