My wifi network does not show up on the list when i hit the wifi icon. Using windows 10 on my hp desktop. Tks.?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • GTB
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

Do you have the SSID turned on on your wireless access point?

• 4 months ago

Is the router broadcasting its SSID and detectable by other Wifi-enabled devices? If not, just factory reset the modem/router and connect to the modem/router via an Ethernet connection and head over to its default page. From there, change the SSID to your preferred name for it and then the password, connect using your devices. If the modem/router is working and your laptop still can't find this network you would then need to 'forget' all saved WiFi networks

You can delete stored network profiles via CMD using this command

netsh wlan delete profile name="[NAME OF THE PROFILE YOU WISH TO DELETE]"

Please don't get upset by the uppercase lettering as I don't mean to upset you. :)

• 4 months ago

What does so up work from there.

• 4 months ago

Unplug your router, restart your computer.

If no networks are shown in the list, your wireless hardware could be turned off, or it may not be working properly. Make sure it is turned on.

You could be out of range of the network. Try moving closer to the wireless base station/router and see if the network appears in the list after a while.

The list of wireless networks takes time to update. If you have just turned on your computer or moved to a different location, wait for a minute or so and then check if the network has appeared in the list.

The network could be hidden. You need to connect in a different way if it is a hidden network.

Also try an ethernet cable from router to the laptop and see if you get connection that way. If not it's most likely your internet service provider.

• jj
      Lv 5
      4 months agoReport

Local ISP's do not control LAN SSID's.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 months ago

Check to make sure it's powered on.

Does another pc/smartphone see the network?

Unplug the wifi. Wait 10 seconds. Plug it back in. Wait for 2 minutes for it to boot up and operating. Search again.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.