How do I deal with my embarrassing 11 year old cousin (he has autism and our extended family gets together alot)?

I’m a 14 year old girl with a big family. The problem is my autistic cousin, who doesnt get why you’re not supposed to ask personal questions. He keeps pestering our 23 year old family friend about when she’s gonna have a baby. She doesn’t seem to be planning it anytime soon. Besides she already told him that she’s... show more I’m a 14 year old girl with a big family. The problem is my autistic cousin, who doesnt get why you’re not supposed to ask personal questions. He keeps pestering our 23 year old family friend about when she’s gonna have a baby. She doesn’t seem to be planning it anytime soon. Besides she already told him that she’s a college student living with mom so its not gonna happen now.He proceeds to talk about how this kid at school told him that most grown ups have sex. In a family get-together!!! We’re not allowed to be loud because he throws tantrums whenever its loud. Theres tons of other things like, being really overfriendly to strangers (its creepy), mumbling , and if something bothers him he’ll have a HUGE meltdown. Once I ran into a group of people from school and they asked “oh that’s your cousin?” While he was doing something really strange. Sometimes he moves in a way that makes people stare. Its just that there’s so many things that make people feel uncomfortable and i wish he wouldn’t do these things
4 answers 4