Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenCleaning & Laundry · 12 months ago

Do you wash your feet in the shower?

I discovered today how common it is for people to not wash their feet in the shower. I find this unbelievable. On the rare occasion I forget to wash my feet, they feel sticky/dirty. I can't even pull my socks on. I can't imagine never washing my feet. Do you wash yours?

Yes, I also wash my armpits as well.

• alexis

Nope, never have. Freaks me out to touch them while I'm trying to clean the rest of myself for some reason. Just like I don't wash my hands in the shower. They end up being clean by consequence. Unless my feet are really dirty, then I wash them separately. My feet are always clean too, you don't need to scrub EVERYTHING. Your feet get dirty immediately again anyway.

• Moya

Yes i wash my feet everyday

I got lazy and cheap and bought a rubber stopper for the drain. There is a 4' lip on my shower entry so I put some antibacterial soap in the bottom, turn on the water, and take a shower. The rest of the soap and shampoo makes it down there too. Before the shower overflows, I'm done, my feet are clean and I haven't wasted water with a long shower. Sometimes I'll hit 'em, usually I just let the soap work.

• Mark

I do, especially between the toes. Also behind my ears.

everytime! cmon.. who would not wash their feet when taking shower or bath?

I shower twice a day and always wash my feet, often scrubbing really hard. During the summer I wash and scrub my feet more often than that. These days I’m usually wearing Ufos flip flops so my feet are exposed to all sorts of dirty stuff.

I agree that it’s pretty gross that a lot of people don’t wash their feet. That’s probably part of why smelly food fungus is so common.

That being said, foot fungus can be contagious, I got a really nasty one from some slippers I tried on. The only time I’ve ever had a problem with anything like that. It started with an itch, turned into a horrible odor that got into all my very pricey running shoes plus all my other shoes, was making the skin peel off the tops of my feet. And I was washing my feet and shoes all the time. I tried all sorts of over the counter stuff, nothing really helped, then one day I was cleaning my very old shower grout with bleach and accidentally blocked the drain and was standing in diluted bleach solution. That night I noticed my feet didn’t feel as bad so I started soaking my feet in a weak bleach solution. That solved the problem, thank goodness. I did have to throw away all my shoes and I wore flip flops for about 6 months til I was sure it was gone.

Rarely have I bothered to wash my feet.

i scrubadub dubbem in the tub with ole pal rubber ducky

Those black, rotted stumps that I stand on? All the time.