Can I take money out of joint account that I didn’t put in?

My girlfriend and I have a significant joint savings account. During the first 2 years I was contributing large sums of money and we were spending it because she was not working. For the last 5 years she has been saving mostly all of her earnings and now we have accumulated a lot of money. Lately she has been... show more My girlfriend and I have a significant joint savings account. During the first 2 years I was contributing large sums of money and we were spending it because she was not working. For the last 5 years she has been saving mostly all of her earnings and now we have accumulated a lot of money. Lately she has been saying how she is not happy with me and would rather be friends. I have been getting the cold shoulder for almost a year and I am thinking about withdrawing the money out of the account and start over. I would leave her with about 5k but the rest I think I can take it and open a planet fitness franchise. Later down the line if I become rich I would likely send her money that I take.
5 answers 5