Diannamarie asked in PetsCats · 10 months ago

My Cat is not acting like himself..loud groaning meows, vomit, laying down, head down, can’t go to the bathroom?

I came home from work this afternoon and my mom told me my cat wasn’t acting normal. She said he was meowing loudly and constantly for no reason and sulking around. My sister told me when she came home earlier that he had thrown up all over the house. (He has thrown up before when he’s eaten too quickly and then was fine) But now he’s sulking around, keeps looking for a comphy spot to lay and won’t move. Meowing loudly almost like a growl, every time he moves or just randomly while he’s laying down. He tried going to the bathroom twice since I was home and didn’t. The third time it looks like he peed but it’s a milky yellow color and bubbly, as weird as that sounds.

I don’t know what to do, I don’t know if he just has an upset stomach or if I should take him to the vet. Do I wait or do I go now. This has never happened to me before. I’m so worried.

• Casey

if its a male and he can't pee he needs an er vet NOW. He could be blocked and urinary blockages can kill a cat in less than 24hours. They need to be surgically unblocked and right away. The other possibility is he got into something toxic. Either way. He needs an emergency vet.

• Ocimom

Get this cat to the vet NOW. He's very sick - possible poisoning, possible UTI, but he needs to be seen by the vet quickly or he will end up dead in a short time.

• Maxi

So the cat is ill and in pain...... stop wasting time asking, take it to the vets

• J C

He needs a vet - and now. Sounds like he is blocking if he isn't peeing - and that is an emergency. If you don't take him now, he's going to die a very painful death when his bladder bursts. Vet. Now.

Cats feel stressed when the number of multiple demands is getting started in their mind or body. Tension reaches its peak when you meet with an incident that is both dreadful, and that causes nervousness.

Sulking? He's sick. I'd be taking my cat to the vet ASAP if she was acting like that.

• Benny

Go immediately, even if you have to pay extra for the emergency vet. 😿