Homemade apple pie left on counter for 2 days with indoor temperatures above 80F. Safe to eat?

On Sunday night I made an apple pie. Normally I do not refrigerate fruit pies, and like usual I did leave the remaining pie on the kitchen table covered with wax paper.. I left for work Monday morning, expecting to be back that night. I ended up not arriving home until this evening. I have read that fruit pies... show more On Sunday night I made an apple pie. Normally I do not refrigerate fruit pies, and like usual I did leave the remaining pie on the kitchen table covered with wax paper.. I left for work Monday morning, expecting to be back that night. I ended up not arriving home until this evening.

I have read that fruit pies will keep out of the refrigerator for 2 days. But today and yesterday it got above 90F (32C) in the afernoon and has been very humid, so the temperature in my kitchen was much higher than what would normally be though of as "room temperature". Should I eat the remaining pie or not take chances?