I’m 18 about to be 19 in 2 months I wanted to go back to high school since I dropped out but....?

I went to my counselor to ask if I can go back but they said no cause I only have 3 credits and you can only be there till 21 they gave me a this thing saying finish high school with a location of a alternative high school where I can finish I might go see it tomorrow. I just want to get my diploma make my parents... show more I went to my counselor to ask if I can go back but they said no cause I only have 3 credits and you can only be there till 21 they gave me a this thing saying finish high school with a location of a alternative high school where I can finish I might go see it tomorrow. I just want to get my diploma make my parents proud and see if I can go to college or get a job. I made a stupid decision now I’m a bum with no job.