Tyrese asked in HealthMen's Health · 11 months ago

Have I stopped growing?

Hello, I am 15 years old (bday march 2004)

I am 5 9 and Havent noticed any growth since may as the holidays are nearly over and I had tons of rest I still noticed im basically the same height but maybe just a little pinch, I was wondering If I have stopped growing now or am i just not giving my body enough time I don t really want to be 5 9 for the rest of my life. I also don t really go out much but my sleep hours are 7 hours a day.

I was told most people at my age hits a tremendous growth spurt during summer and it still hasn t hit me yet.

Should I get more sleep go outside more or change my diet or something?

• shroud

don't think so

most people reach full size until 18-20

nothing wrong with being 5'9 it's average

time of year has nothing to do with growing - they say that because a friend went away for the summer and came back bigger, but that just means they noticed it more because the kid had gone

it would be a guess

• Roddy

Most boys have two separate growth spurts during their puberty. You may be in the pause phase between the two.

However, 5'9" is still a good height unless you wish to be a basketball ace.

• Mark

Hippo birdie two ewe... hope it was a blast.

You *might* be done and dusted (same height, myself), or you might be in a plateau phase. Only time will tell. I'd suggest if you haven't seen a difference by Jan 2020, then that's it.

Parts of you have stopped growing. Most likely you're as tall as you're going to be and your penis is at it's full potential but as you get older your face will fill out more and your body can spread out more, your hips may flatten and get wider, your shoulders may widen, your feet could even get bigger. When I was 15 I wore a size 9.5 now I wear a 13. When you get much older, like in your 50s you'll get shorter due to gravity compressing your spine. Our bodies are always changing in little ways depending on how we take care of them.