Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 10 months ago

Does having more diversity and multiculturalism cause even more racial and religious intolerance?

You would think a diverse country like the U.S. would be used to all that but I've noticed hate related crimes seem to be getting more common and it's not the media's fault for covering the stories so don't blame them, I blame instead on those stupid morons wanting to go on mass shooting sprees, 3 recent arrests....bunch of punks.

We're living in a very selfish time.

@Anonymous, you really think so? Have you heard of Rep. Steve King of Iowa and his comments racial comments?

Favorite Answer

No. It just brings the intolerant nutbags out of the woodwork. People have to be intolerant to begin with; If they aren't, then diversity shouldn't be a problem.

Take my neighborhood, for instance. My neighborhood is primarily Hispanic. There are a few white households (my wife and I, the stoner dude down the street, and that one Ukrainian family), two black households (my neighbor, Luther, who lives across the alley, and one other black family that I don't know very well), and the two Chinese families down at the end of the block. There's also a bunch of Middle Eastern folks one block over. It's a pretty diverse neighborhood and...wouldn't ya know it...everyone seems to get along just fine! Probably because none of us are bigoted @$$h01e$. So, like I said, I don't think diversity necessarily creates intolerance as much as it brings any existing intolerance to the forefront.

no,

what causes racial and religious intolerance is people who are intolerant of diversity and different religions

your logic is a poor man's excuse to be closed minded and ignorant

• M

Double edge sword. Our diversity is America strength. Creativity, thinking out of the box comes from that diversity that made America very successful, People who are angry want nothing more than to cause pain and suffering and some just like the fun of it. Either way people get twisted and end up in some cult or ideology. THe anger the hatred can't be sustained. Life with only hatred is not much of a life.

It’s the new cancer of the world

Absolutely!

As it turns out, "Diversity" isn't what all of our Democrat/Liberal/Socialist friends have tried to lead us to believe.

"The New Liberal Dilemma"

"The new liberal dilemma is based on evidence that socially

heterogeneous societies – that is, ethnically, linguistically, religiously, or

culturally mixed ones - tend to be characterized by a wide range of social,economic, and political disadvantages. Evidence has accumulated over the past ten years or so that that, in contrast to homogeneous states or societies, heterogeneous ones tend to have a poorer economic performance, spend less on public goods, deliver these less efficiently, less fairly, and to a lower standard, are more corrupt and have a larger black market, are less redistributive, and are less likely to benefit from economies of scale.

There is also evidence that diverse societies are less stable politically and find state and national building more difficult, and are less well developed democracies.

Socially, mixed societies have been found to have lower levels of social trust, civic cooperation, and social capita, lower rates of volunteering and participation in voluntary associations, and lower levels of civic culture."

The entire text can be found by clicking the linked source.

• ?10 months agoReport

Uh, I think you're wrong. True, that diversity comes with it's challenges but like Fredrick Douglas once said, without struggle, there is no progress. We maybe going through difficult time but, I doubt hate will win...hatred of that extreme doesn't last forever.

Most of our problems come from the Left wing ideology and the chaos created by their failed and divisive policies.