Does having more diversity and multiculturalism cause even more racial and religious intolerance?

You would think a diverse country like the U.S. would be used to all that but I've noticed hate related crimes seem to be getting more common and it's not the media's fault for covering the stories so don't blame them, I blame instead on those stupid morons wanting to go on mass shooting sprees, 3... show more You would think a diverse country like the U.S. would be used to all that but I've noticed hate related crimes seem to be getting more common and it's not the media's fault for covering the stories so don't blame them, I blame instead on those stupid morons wanting to go on mass shooting sprees, 3 recent arrests....bunch of punks.
Update: We're living in a very selfish time.
Update 2: @Anonymous, you really think so? Have you heard of Rep. Steve King of Iowa and his comments racial comments?