My best friend is leaving to college without saying goodbye in person?!?

Me and this girl were friends since sophomore year. Extremely close. Almost dated even. We hung out everyday, snapchatted, texted...etc. Now we graduated and it’s time for college. She’s leaving tomorrow and I’m leaving in a week. I thought that we would spend the whole day together, go out and have some fun since we won’t see each other for 6 months. I even canceled other plans because she said she’d go. I got home from work, showered and went straight to her house. I texted her and she said that she’s in a different town with friends eating subway and won’t be home for a while. I got her a F*CKING present bc I thought it was gonna be a sad day. Now I feel like a stupid loser. She legit just texted me and said “Bye. I’ll miss.” Is this normal? I wasn’t pushy or anything I just wanted to properly say goodbye and now I feel heartbroken in a way. Should I stop talking to her? Idk. I just never thought it’d end like this. Btw she already said goodbye to her friends yesterday so I don’t know why she went out with them again.

• Foofa

She obviously views this relationship and your plans as far more casual than you do. If I has to guess I'd say you've still got some unrequited romantic feelings for her and she's completely over that with you. Look at it this way, had she met with you and had you given her a gift it would have been pretty awkward because she just doesn't feel that connected to you. So this'll probably turn out to be the best thing that could have happened. If you want to keep talking to her and you can keep it casual with no expectations go right ahead. But you will need to accept that her feelings for you aren't as strong as your feelings for her.

• Dv8s

Best friends forgive, and forget small misunderstandings, and you seem to be holding a grudge. Not a healthy relationship, for best friends. I believe you wanted more than she was willing to give, and she created distance between you, hoping you would move on.

If you were that close of friends, tell her how you feel. If for no other reason, but for closure for yourself.