Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesBMW · 3 months ago

Is a 1999-2005 bmw 3 series e46 a good first car?

No. A used BMW, even a reliable one, will be expensive in maintenance.

money pit. Dont buy it

i have a 1998 5 series ..e39 .528i .still perfect ..much admired by all ..serviced once a year ..and as its metallic paint ..never ever seen polish ..the 3 series from that era were good ..better than later models ..but they do suffer from the same thing as all 3 series ..very little room in back ..and poor shoulder room in front ..my son had the 2007 version ..2litre diesel ..181 bhp ..bags of torque ..real flying machine when pushed ..but too sophisticated

• JetDoc

Is it a good first car? No, but there are THOUSANDS of them out there, so I guess there are some people who would disagree with me.

• Dimo

Screw opinions on the Internet. Ask your Insurance Agent if it is a good car.

No. Despite what the person tells parts will be tough to find and expensive. In a perfect world, yes. 15 yr.old used BMW’s do not exist.

Depending who drove it before and how it was driven. Could be a lot of abuse in 15-20 years