C5
Lv 5

is 14 an hour enough to get an apartment?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 11 months ago

It can be, but don't expect anything high-end or fancy. Not to mention you'll be lucky to be in a good neighborhood.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Ti
    Lv 7
    11 months ago

That depends on the monthly rent. As a rule, landlords require that your rent is no more than 1/3 of your net income.

• 11 months ago

Yes, somewhere. Maybe not something to your liking where you are.

• 11 months ago

Depends on how many hours/ week you work. Your rent should never be more than 1/3 your gross income and most landlords will require that. Figure up your gross monthly income divide by 3 & that is the rent you can afford.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 11 months ago

Depends how many hours you're working, and what the apartment rent is.

• 11 months ago

If it costs less than $560.

• DJC
    Lv 5
    11 months ago

It depends on how much the apartment costs, and what your other monthly expenses are, like say: if you have a car; how much food you eat; what you pay for entertainment; your insurance premiums, copays, and deductibles, etc. You also didn't state how many hours you work in a week. Are you part-time, full-time, or overtime? Full-time is usually defined as 40 hours per week.

Everyone's income-to-expenses ratio is different. I would recommend making a budget. I use a spreadsheet to manage my budget. Some people calculate their budget monthly; I prefer to calculate mine paycheck-to-paycheck since I don't make that much more than you. Two spreadsheet programs that I recommend would be Microsoft Excel or OpenOffice Calc (Calc is free and Excel is not, but Excel is more advanced).

• 11 months ago

depends on where you live lol... but it most states (assuming you live in the us) that s enough.

• VAA
    Lv 4
    11 months ago

Count on a requirement of your salary having to be at least three to four times the rent per month...not counting bills, etc. You can rent a weekly studio at that rate.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.