C5

is 14 an hour enough to get an apartment?

It can be, but don't expect anything high-end or fancy. Not to mention you'll be lucky to be in a good neighborhood.

• Ti

That depends on the monthly rent. As a rule, landlords require that your rent is no more than 1/3 of your net income.

Yes, somewhere. Maybe not something to your liking where you are.

Depends on how many hours/ week you work. Your rent should never be more than 1/3 your gross income and most landlords will require that. Figure up your gross monthly income divide by 3 & that is the rent you can afford.

Depends how many hours you're working, and what the apartment rent is.

If it costs less than $560.

• DJC

It depends on how much the apartment costs, and what your other monthly expenses are, like say: if you have a car; how much food you eat; what you pay for entertainment; your insurance premiums, copays, and deductibles, etc. You also didn't state how many hours you work in a week. Are you part-time, full-time, or overtime? Full-time is usually defined as 40 hours per week.

Everyone's income-to-expenses ratio is different. I would recommend making a budget. I use a spreadsheet to manage my budget. Some people calculate their budget monthly; I prefer to calculate mine paycheck-to-paycheck since I don't make that much more than you. Two spreadsheet programs that I recommend would be Microsoft Excel or OpenOffice Calc (Calc is free and Excel is not, but Excel is more advanced).

depends on where you live lol... but it most states (assuming you live in the us) that s enough.

• VAA

Count on a requirement of your salary having to be at least three to four times the rent per month...not counting bills, etc. You can rent a weekly studio at that rate.