I want to know whether the Mandiac Aramaic language/dialect was derived from Syriac/Aramaic? Please read details for clarification.?

So, I have been reading a lot about Aramaic lately. What I have learned that is that there are two Aramaic languages/dialects spoken today. Syriac Aramaic and Mandaic where generally everything is Syriac. A census said that there over 5,500 Mandaic speakers from 2001-2006. So, what I learned that that Aramaic was a... show more So, I have been reading a lot about Aramaic lately. What I have learned that is that there are two Aramaic languages/dialects spoken today. Syriac Aramaic and Mandaic where generally everything is Syriac. A census said that there over 5,500 Mandaic speakers from 2001-2006. So, what I learned that that Aramaic was a language of the of the Arameans. Syriac/Aramaic later developed where all of Aramaic was Syriac but not all of syriac. The term Mandaic came up with me on a Wikipedia article titled Aramaic Alphabet where it listed a few different dialects. I know that Mandiac younger that Syriac where it saw development in the the 3rd century common era and that Mandaic did arise out of Aramaic but did it Mandaic have any development or origination from the Syriac Aramaic specifically? I have not found a source online that said Syriac specifically yet.
0