Why does my grandson treat me this way?

He is 20 and currently living in my house. He just got off work earlier today and I started off by asking him how his day went. I asked him if he got a break to which he said yes and I proceeded to ask him what he ate/drank for that whole day and he said he didn't remember, so I questioned why he went the whole... show more He is 20 and currently living in my house. He just got off work earlier today and I started off by asking him how his day went. I asked him if he got a break to which he said yes and I proceeded to ask him what he ate/drank for that whole day and he said he didn't remember, so I questioned why he went the whole day without water or food and he told me he did think he had water.

So I asked how many breaks he got and he told me he didn't really feel like answering more questions about what happened at work. This made me upset because it felt like he was just dismissing me and he tried to tell me that he just didn't feel comfortable, discussing it with me. But I'm his grandmother, I have a right to know this and not be disrespected.