Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 12 months ago

Why does my grandson treat me this way?

He is 20 and currently living in my house. He just got off work earlier today and I started off by asking him how his day went. I asked him if he got a break to which he said yes and I proceeded to ask him what he ate/drank for that whole day and he said he didn't remember, so I questioned why he went the whole day without water or food and he told me he did think he had water.

So I asked how many breaks he got and he told me he didn't really feel like answering more questions about what happened at work. This made me upset because it felt like he was just dismissing me and he tried to tell me that he just didn't feel comfortable, discussing it with me. But I'm his grandmother, I have a right to know this and not be disrespected.

• Foofa

Gran, he's an adult, his daily intake of food and water is already habitual and you can't change that. Eventually his youthful body will begin to suffer from lack of attention and that's when he'll take his health seriously. It's not for you to treat him like a child, because he isn't one.

he probably just dont want to talk about it

• Tj

Too many questions. He is a big boy now, he can make his decisions. Its fine to ask how his day was, but thats it. Find other things to talk about, just stop with all of those questions.

It sounds like you are interrogating him. I wouldn't want to be interrogated either.