Moving out of New York. Depressed/excited?

y family and i have decided that New York has just become way too expensive. We all have decent jobs and decent salaries. But its still not cutting it. We still live check to check. We get robbed with property taxes, state taxes, etc. and its getting worse by the year. (We live on the border of Queens and Nassau... show more y family and i have decided that New York has just become way too expensive. We all have decent jobs and decent salaries. But its still not cutting it. We still live check to check. We get robbed with property taxes, state taxes, etc. and its getting worse by the year. (We live on the border of Queens and Nassau County Long island, and all these taxes/expenses, its not worth it in this location, its an ordinary location, not worth the high prices). Were all pretty miserable and stressed out with the overall atmosphere. I also have no friends anymore. We grew apart after college. We have come to the decision to move to Broward county, South Florida. We have some family there. Its more to look for financial freedom. And for me, a fresh start in life. Im hoping a change of scenery will help me meet new friends, improve my social life, dig out of this depression and be happy in life.
But im scared. I was born and raised in NY for 27 years. Im scared of being homesick, i dont know how i can handle homesickness. I have lots of memories here in ny. What if I cant handle the extreme heat/humidity? What if what if what if? Im worried. But also extremely pumped about a new start in life!
Any thoughts?