Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (American) · 9 months ago

What football position should I play?

I’m trying out for my first year of tackle football and I’m in 8th grade. I have played flag football because my parents said tackle was too dangerous. I am 5 foot 9 130 pounds and have slightly above average hands.

I wouldn't put you anywhere but wide receiver. Based on your height and weight, as well as your catching ability, I believe that you will make a very good fit at wide receiver. You have the ideal size for a high school wide receiver.

My best advice for you is to work hard and perform very well in practice every day. In addition, what you need to do this autumn (and every offseason) is eat healthy, exercise by doing weight lifting, and either jogging or going for a long run every day. If you do these things, you will get faster, stronger, and into better shape, which will greatly improve your chances of becoming a successful, top notch wide receiver in high school football, who could go on to play college football in the future.

By the way, your chances of playing college football depend on your performance in football, especially during your senior year of high school. If you perform very well in football during your final year of high school, you will greatly improve your chances of getting recruited to play for a college football program in the future. ©

waterboy                

3B

• Cu Tie

Based on your height and weight, I believe that the best fit for you is at free safety. You have the ideal size for an 8th grade free safety.

My best advice for you is to work hard and perform very well in practice every day. In addition, what you need to do this autumn (and every offseason) is eat healthy, exercise by doing weight lifting, and either jogging or going for a long run every day. If you do these things, you will get faster, stronger, and into better shape, which will greatly improve your chances of becoming a successful, top notch free safety in football.

• Kyle

whatever spot the coach puts you at. the team may have tryouts for a variety of positions. you seem tall for an 8th grader though. so maybe WR, TE, or even a DB.

It is up to the coach, and the assistant coaches.

They will see you in the tryouts, and properly access your abilities.

Work from there....

• Blocking Back

You're right but kids will never believe you. They all think HS is like backyard and that players get to decide positions, numbers, playbooks...