Kathy asked in PetsDogs · 12 months ago

Why do dogs like me?

I don't really like dogs that much, especially large-breed dogs (eg Labradors, German Shepherds, Dalmatians, Saint Bernards, Great Danes, etc.) Yes, I'm a cat person; I still love them altho I've even been hissed at, scratched, and even bitten a few times. (I know but they're really cute) Dogs lay by my feet whenever I sit on the sofa/recliner and have sat so close to me on the floor even tho I was there before them. For the former, I'm told it means he/she likes me. Whenever I'm sitting with people in a room with furniture (eg living room), the dog frequently goes up to me [for attention] instead of the other humans. And they often wag their tail & it often looks like they're smiling at me. I don't even like dogs. So why do they like me or at least act like it?

Favorite Answer

Animals tend to like me, except cats. I always believed that it was because they could sense that I'm a very friendly and loving animal person. Perhaps they feel that about you.

idk bro, but it is good that they like you.

At least they aren't trying to bite you. Dogs like attention & seem to know people who are kind of heart.

• Angie

Overall, most dogs love affection, treats, praise, and approval, and dogs have come to learn that humans are a source of all these things. Most dogs, by nature, are loyal creatures. When humans show them love, bonds are very quickly and easily formed. "Man's best friend" may be cliche, but it is certainly accurate the vast majority of the time.

• Anna E

Probably because they sense that they do not have to worry about you hugging them and fawning over them. The same actions that probably get you bitten or scratched by cats. Funny thing is, I am a dog person and really do not care for cats. Dogs like me ,and usually come to me. Unfortunately, so do cats to the point of climbing on me. May be they sense that they do not have to worry about me hugging or holding them.

They are friendly.