Why do dogs like me?

I don't really like dogs that much, especially large-breed dogs (eg Labradors, German Shepherds, Dalmatians, Saint Bernards, Great Danes, etc.) Yes, I'm a cat person; I still love them altho I've even been hissed at, scratched, and even bitten a few times. (I know but they're really cute) Dogs lay... show more I don't really like dogs that much, especially large-breed dogs (eg Labradors, German Shepherds, Dalmatians, Saint Bernards, Great Danes, etc.) Yes, I'm a cat person; I still love them altho I've even been hissed at, scratched, and even bitten a few times. (I know but they're really cute) Dogs lay by my feet whenever I sit on the sofa/recliner and have sat so close to me on the floor even tho I was there before them. For the former, I'm told it means he/she likes me. Whenever I'm sitting with people in a room with furniture (eg living room), the dog frequently goes up to me [for attention] instead of the other humans. And they often wag their tail & it often looks like they're smiling at me. I don't even like dogs. So why do they like me or at least act like it?
6 answers 6