Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 6 months ago

Why is my husband so delusional?

I'm husband and I have been married for 25 years, only 5 of them we have been happily married. We have a 20 year old daughter together.

The first 10 years I dated my husband things were wonderful. Then, he started cheating on me as I planned our wedding. Then when we were trying to conceive my daughter he got HIV from another woman. I somehow didn't get it and my daughter was okay, but things could've very well been different.

I had a good job, but then became extremely depressed and stopped working. He then cheated on me 4 years later and just frequently cheats on me. Two years later he started a successful company, and we have amassed a fortune together. The divorce would give me a lot of money but I almost wonder if it was even worth it, so stay with him this long.

He was a good dad to my daughter. He claims to love me. He tried to cheat on me again recently. I frequently tell him I want a divorce, he gets mad for a day, ignores it, then pretends like nothing happened. This happens repeatedly. He's in a weird state of denial about me wanting a divorce. I'm not sure why he's so confused. Our marriage has been loveless for at least 15 years now.

Favorite Answer

No matter how you slice it, cheating is not a mistake and please don’t ever let anyone tell you that it is, especially a cheater. It is a choice; a series of very deliberate choices actually,he dont respect u and u still with him so how is he delusional.? Sexually transmitted diseases are no joke.

Let’s face it, intimate betrayal is the most egregious act you can make against marriage vows. . As an added bonus they are more likely to repeat the behavior because they got away with it the first time.,2,3,4,5,6,etc

Staying with a cheating spouse automatically enrolls you in a game that you can never win because the outcome is rigged. You feel like you’re in constant competition with this other person but you never really know what you need to do to win the game. You’re best to follow the advice of the computer in the movie War Games: “The only winning move is not to play.”Good Bye Game over!

Source(s): Staying With a Cheater Is Worse Than Being Alone

So.. you knew he was screwing other women and you married him anyway? Then suck it up Princess. You gave him the ok to keep doing it.

HE is not in ANY "weird state of denial".. You threaten him with divorce, and then you don't file. He knows damn well that you aren't serious.. if you were, you'd have divorced him.

YOU are confused.. YOU seem to think he should divorce you because you don't like him screwing around.. That's YOUR call to make, not his. Get a reality check.

If you're suffering from penis health creme, I'd suggest going to a doctor and then make sure that you're buying yourself a good penis health crème... The ingredients can really give you an amazing benefit, like healthier skin and nerve repair and keeping everything in tip-top shape down there. What's to lose but dry skin?

Run fast Your relationship sounds toxic

He's HIV positive and just continues to have sex with a variety of women willy nilly? That's pretty darn disrespectful to everyone.

• hi

Why focus on money?

You've wasted 15 years of your life?

You know you can't get those back, right?

• Ana

Stop being a money grubbing hoe. And marriage doesn’t need wild passion. Marriage is about committing EVEN WHEN ITS HARD... and ESPECIALLY when it’s hard.

Right now your marriage isn’t happy? It’s a hard marriage? GREAT, SEE A PRIEST AND THEN GO TO MARRIAGE COUNSELING.