Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsZoology · 10 months ago

What is a wren?

Favorite Answer

A bird.....................

• JimZ

I saw a Rock Wren over the weekend. A wren is a small bird that is a lot like a warbler. It eats mostly bugs. Wrens are famous for being good singers. Sometimes it is astonishing that such a little bird can make such loud songs. Wrens will generally stand with their tail upright. Their long thin bill is pretty typical and pretty much only warblers can be confused with them. I like wrens. I will stay and try to photograph wrens when my fellow birders typically just pass me by. I was near a wren nest earlier this year and crow came and sat on a nearby branch. The wrens called at the crow and mobbed it a bit but they were very careful. Pretty soon some other birds joined in on the mobbing and the crow had enough finally and left.

Wrens are a family of mostly small, brown, passerine birds in the New World family Troglodytidae. The family includes 88 species divided into 19 genera. Only the Eurasian wren occurs in the Old World, where in Anglophone regions, it is commonly known simply as the "wren", as it is the originator of the name.

The Women's Royal Naval Service (WRNS; popularly and officially known as the Wrens) was the women's branch of the United Kingdom's Royal Navy. First formed in 1917 for the First World War, it was disbanded in 1919, then revived in 1939 at the beginning of the Second World War, remaining active until integrated into the Royal Navy in 1993. WRNs included cooks, clerks, wireless telegraphists, radar plotters, weapons analysts, range assessors, electricians and air mechanics.

• sepia

A small bird.I think so.

A type of bird.