When prothrombin time (PT) and activated partial thromboplastin time (APTT) are prolonged, why do I have to correct with adsorbed plasma?

I understand why I would have to correct with normal plasma, this is to see if there is a factor deficiency or inhibitor, but I don't understand the purpose of correcting with adsborbed plasma (google is not helping). I'm aware that adsorbed plasma consists of factors, I, V, VIII, XI, and XIII. My answer... show more I understand why I would have to correct with normal plasma, this is to see if there is a factor deficiency or inhibitor, but I don't understand the purpose of correcting with adsborbed plasma (google is not helping). I'm aware that adsorbed plasma consists of factors, I, V, VIII, XI, and XIII.

My answer is that correcting it with adorbed plasma works as a process of elimination but I'm not entirely sure on how to expand on this if I am correct.

Any help would be much appreciated.
0