Anthony asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 9 months ago

Why is it that a woman who cuts her hair is still considered a lady but a man who grows his hair out is considered shameful?

I know we ve come a long way as far as gender norms and stuff.....but I still can t shake the fact there s a stigma against guys with long hair. A woman can cut her hair short and still be considered a lady or a professional. But a man that has long hair is unclean, unprofessional, or "trying to be a woman".

I don't know anyone that considers a man with long hair to be shameful. I'm guessing your prents are strict christians that think anything that isn't "straight up" is abhorrent.

• Rei

I have never hear anyone say a man is unclean or trying to be a woman because he has long hair. However, Long hair takes a lot of effort to maintain, and I do question a man's priorities when he chooses to go that direction.

• Dr. D

It isn't shameful for a man to grow his hair. Walk around any college campus and you'll see men with long hair. Some of them are the professors.

• Kelley

The Bible states for men to cut their hair. Therefore, women should not cut their hair The only time the Bible states for a man not to cut his hair is if he is a Nazarite. It is best to obey God (Bible).

I think men having long hair has been okay for decades. Just look at Billy Ray Cyrus through the years

No one considers a long haired man shameful