Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 9 months ago

What does it mean when you’re cat licks then bites you?

He does it all the time but he purrs while doing it

• DJC

It depends on how hard he bites. My cat will bite me sometimes, but it never hurts - it's always a soft bite. This is called a love bite. If your cat is licking you, that means he loves you, and so does a love bite. Now, if your cat were to maliciously bite you, like say hard enough to hurt or draw blood, that's a different story. But any cat with malice likely wouldn't be purring or licking.

Source(s): Been around cats almost my entire life.

those are love bites--if you watch seriously bonded cats they do that--I have littermates that will lick each other on the head then bite their necks--but they never break the skin--my cats do it to me when they are in a super lovie mood...

Is it in a playful way or an aggressive way? If it's in a playful way, then obviously he's just trying to play :). Probably licking you to let you know he isn't hostile.

• Zero :]9 months agoReport

Probably :) They're most likely love bites or just him trying to play. If you love him, then he most likely loves you back.

Is it your cat if it bites you?

• 9 months agoReport

Licks then he bites me. Yes he’s mine