Help am I paranoid?

So my wife and I have been having some issues. She recently took a polygraph test to determine if she has been sleeping around. She passed with flying colors. It made me happy. But shes coming home with bruises and it confuses me. The are on her arms and they are from fingers. Should I be worried?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

One wonders how she explains these bruises. If she's physically active and works out regularly that would be more likely to cause bruises than having sex would (unless she's into BDSM). It's probably worth your knowing polygraphs are so unreliable they're not even admissible in court. But that doesn't mean she's lying. What is the case is that if you're so suspicious that you convinced her to take a lie detector test the trust in the marriage is already broken. Most people wouldn't agree to that just on principal whether they were cheating or not. You sound a bit crazy TBH.

• mmm
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

well that is odd - have you sat her down and gently asked her if she knew where they came from? why wouldn't you be worried?

• Ana
    Lv 5
    4 months ago

Polygraph tests are not always accurate. It’s quite possible that she is guilty even though she passed. On the flipside someone could also be innocent and fail.

It’s true that they are USUALLY accurate, but NOT ALWAYS.... Mainly, if somebody is a psychopath/ sociopath then they are able to pass them because their heartbeat, body temp and blood pressure doesn’t get elevated from lying.

And rarely, someone can be super nervous and stressed but actually be innocent, but fail anyway.

If she’s coming home with bruises on her body consistently, then something is up. I recommend checking her phone records, that’s going to tell you a lot more than a polygraph will tell you.

Get the MOBISTEALTH app to monitor all the texts, calls, Internet websites, messaging, and apps used on her phone. And if she doesn’t let you, it’s because she’s cheating!

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

Let's figure this out, Ben. She's your fiance, your girlfriend and your wife. Or are you asking about 3 different women?

I'm really interested in where you had the lie detector test done. Fascinated, in fact.

Discuss this with your psychotherapist. I'm sure you have one.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 months ago

What does she say is the cause of the bruises? Have you asked her that?

• Ben4 months agoReport

She said they were from me. I just noticed them today and I dont remember doing it.

• 4 months ago

I really hope you're kidding

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.