What should the i7 8700 temps be on a corsair H100i liquid cooler?

I'm getting 30⁰C idle and I've never seen it go above 63⁰C when playing games like beat saber, rainbow 6, and gta 5 on max settings and after gaming it's at 35-40⁰C. This is my first build so I just want to make sure everything is ok

Favorite Answer

Those are excellent temps!

• Vin9 months agoReport

Thank you so much this made me feel a lot better. When I was installing the liquid cooler the cooler slipped and smeared some of the thermal paste near the corner of the CPU and I thought this would effect the temps

• Dick

Your temps are right on. I'm running a 6 core top 8th generation i5 and I"m seeing 88 to 93 degrees F (33⁰ C) normally. It's time to really get worried when you if you see your temps going over 65⁰ C. A water cooler is great, I run a Corsair also but I also run 4 additional fans pulling cool air in and pushing the hot air out of the case. If you install extra fans then you need to be conscious of dust on the blades and blocking the intake screens so occasionally vacuum the fan screens and brushing off of the fan blades is a good idea.

• Vin9 months agoReport

Thank you so much I really appreciate your answer!

you're doing well. no worries

• Vin9 months agoReport

Thank you so much I really appreciate it!