Tim asked in PetsCats · 6 months ago

How much should you spend a week on cat litter?

• J C
    Favorite Answer

Enough so that you can keep all the litter boxes filled with 3-4 inches of litter, and scooped twice a day. What I spend will be different than another person. I have 4 cats, and need to use the more-expensive light weight litter as I have a weight restriction in my lifting, and can't heft the 20 pound jugs nor 35 pound buckets anymore. Boxes also need to be periodically dumped of all litter, scrubbed, and filled with fresh. One cat will use less litter than two, two less than three, and so on. Quality litters perform better than cheap ones, and are more economical to use.

Well there's no "should" spend. What you spend depends on what you are using. I use wood stove pellets which are the BEST thing to use for cats.

I only pay $5 for FORTY POUNDS of pellets. I'm an accountant so track my own expenses. I've spent $23.56 through July on pellets. So it's costing me $3.37 a month - less than a buck a month per cat - for litter.

• Tim6 months agoReport

I have to look into that . I bought a box of cat litter the other day for $10 dollars, once a week over a year and that’s $520 in cat litter

as much as you need to -to supply clean litter boxes to your cat (s) daily.

• Casey

i spend 20$ a month