Am I being irrational about my husband s dogs?

I met my husband 5 years ago. He had 2 pitt bulls that he was absolutely in love with. As our relationship progressed, I wanted to move out of my parents home and build one with him. Since he had pitt bulls we were unable to rent anywhere due to breed restrictions. He refused to give up the dogs, therefore we... show more I met my husband 5 years ago. He had 2 pitt bulls that he was absolutely in love with. As our relationship progressed, I wanted to move out of my parents home and build one with him. Since he had pitt bulls we were unable to rent anywhere due to breed restrictions. He refused to give up the dogs, therefore we haulted moving in until i found a place without breed restrictions. While.he lived on his own in a crappy basement one of the dogs chased a child and pounced on them. I am unclear if the dog bit the child or not, however despite this incident my husband still refused to rehome or give up the dog.

I am currently 29 weeks pregnant. I am not comfortable with the dog being around my baby considering what happened with the other child a few years ago. My husband is insisting he can train her to be friendly around our baby. Is it wrong of me to want him to rehome her? Is it me or does he always choose the dogs despite other obligations?