Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationInsurance & Registration · 10 months ago

I was deemed at fault for accident wasn’t my fault?

I rear ended this lady when I was driving. The women slammed on her breaks randomly when trying to turn and I smashed into the back of her. I’m being told I’m at fault even though she slammed on her breaks. I couldn’t NOT hit her she slammed on the breaks. What do I do? Now my insurance is going to go up when it was HER fault!

You rear ended her.. ITS YOUR FAULT:

1. Following to close

2. Driving to fast to stop before hitting her

3. Driving while distracted

4. Driving to fast for conditions

NO Matter how you try to justify yourself. YOU ARE AT FAULT.

• car253

True.

• May

It was not *HER FAULT* sunshine. It was clearly *YOUR FAULT". You were following too close.

The word is spelled BRAKES, not breaks

Correct. You were. You were following too close to stop or you could have and would have.

It is not her fault, it is yours. Running into the back of another care is ALWAYS your fault unless the other car cut your off and made a panic stop and you have on your dash cam.

Your fault.

Not her fault.

Your fault.

That is what your insurance agreed to.

tailgating asshole

• car253

You don't need to call names.

• mikeae

Unfortunately you are at fault unless you can prove that the other drive was distracted somehow. By distracted I mean on the cell phone, etc.

• car253

Distracted driver would not matter since you rearended her. You were following too close.

• zipper

STOP CRYING! YOU BY LAW ARE AT FAULT> Were was your safety distance between cars? You were driving unsafely!

YOUR FAULT !

YOUR FAULT!

YOUR FAULT!

YOUR FAULT!

Get the picture DIP STICK IT IS YOUR FAULT!

TOO CLOSE AND TOO STU{ID TO BRAKE IN TIME!

Wrong. The correct word is "brakes." When you rearend someone you are at fault unless you can prove otherwise. If you had a police man as an eye witness and the police man agreed the other driver was erratic, you might have a defense.

Your at fault because you are supposed to maintain a safe distance of a certain amount of car lengths for a given speed. If you were that far away, you would have been able to stop. That is why it is always the person who hits the back of another car's fault.

You are 100% wrong, and you ARE 100% responsible for your accident.

The standard on such matters is that the driver behind has the responsibility to keep a SAFE distance, no matterwhat the driver ahead does or has to do.

Thus, the fact that YOU left YOURSELF insufficient room to brake safely is 100% YOUR fault. The insurance company is absolutely correct in their decision for those reasons.