Need help making something to transfer water for my wifes grandma in Panama so she doesn't have to carry buckets?

My wife's grandma (and great grandma) live in Panama in an area that only gets running water a couple hours in the early morning. At this time they fill a 55 gallon barrel with water to use for the rest of the day (doing dishes, filling and flushing toilets manually, showers, etc) The problem comes in when her... show more My wife's grandma (and great grandma) live in Panama in an area that only gets running water a couple hours in the early morning. At this time they fill a 55 gallon barrel with water to use for the rest of the day (doing dishes, filling and flushing toilets manually, showers, etc) The problem comes in when her great grandma and grandma who are 90 and 64 years old have to carry 5 gallon buckets of water from room to room. Sooo... id like to build some sort of pump (electric if possible) that they could put in the barrel and then some sort of pvc piping from there to the bathroom at least to fill the shower bucket. The problem is I am in Panama now and speak limited spanish and my wife doesn't know anything about plumbing, electricity, etc. so I dont know where to go to buy any of this stuff. I need technical help as to what pump to buy. I can figure out the pvc routing. The water will need to travel approximately 8 feet up and 20 feet or so horizontally to the bathroom. Thank you!