promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Ohio car crash question?

Update:

i was ran into, the driver didnt own the car, the owner is out of country and unreachable, insurance will not do anything until they find the owner which could take forever, what are my options?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • May
    Lv 6
    9 months ago

Use your own collision coverage pork chop. Isn't this one reason that you bought it?

Jeez

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 9 months ago

Call your insurance company.

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

You were "ran" into? Report it to YOUR company. My daughter is in this same position with a hit and run. The Police tracked the license plate, the owner is somehow "not around," the mechanic has sent a notice that he is going to bill her for storage. She is paying out of her pocket until the two insurance companies sort things out.

They told her that if the driver is NOT located in another 7 days they will put the claim through her collision coverage and reimburse her.

• 9 months ago

I am trying to "see the problem" Don't see a problem.

When you do what you are "SUPPOSE TO DO"

First, you file the accident claim with "YOUR" insurance company.[You pay them to take care of your welfare, no matter what the other situation is...that is why you pay them over $1K a year] You just supply them with the other driver's information THIS IS ALL WRITTEN OUT IN THE DRIVER'S TRAINING MANUAL pg 13

(kidding, I don't know the page number but I read the manual 30+ years ago so still remember the schitt.)

It tells you there what to get and instructs you on what to do. Insurance companies read from the same book so they know how to work with that.

ANY STATE or PROVINCE...or territory.

Stuff happens. Just like the owner was there. He has "NO SAY" anyways.

This crash is a fender bender. As you are not asking from a hospital bed (or the morgue)...no cops were involved. These type accidents are a daily occurrence. So insurance is well versed in the paperwork procedures to go through to process YOUR CLAIM.

WHAM, BAM, THANK YOU MA'AM. Done inside of a few hours, then the car has to go to an autobody shop for repairs.

Just because you claimed it "TO" YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY does not mean your insurance goes up. Your insurance company is not paying out the money for damages ---that is the difference---this is a claim against another insurance company for damages TO YOU. As the other insurance has to pay out the money, then that driver has an increase in their insurance costs.

. This is how it works. You pay your insurance OVER 1K a year to take care of the paperwork should there be an accident.

I care NOTHING ABOUT THE OTHER DRIVER. I don't even speak to them...except to ask "are you hurt"? Then provide first aid if they are.

It is an accident. No need for anger.

Insurance has made everything SIMPLE FOR YOU. You deal with YOUR insurance company.

It is written out in the Driver's Training manual which you get free from DMV. Read it. It answers every question you could imagine in reality.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • lucy
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

You have a lot of problems to deal with. Insurance follows the vehicle, which the owner is out of the country. UNTIL they talk to the owner, then the owners insurance can pay or (not).

The driver who you state has insurance, (can't) do anything till the owners insurance makes a determination to pay or deny the claim. Only (if) the owners insurance denies this claim, then the drivers insurance would then be secondary.

You (can't) use your uninsured or underinsured insurance on (your) own policy, if you have that coverage, till your (own) insurance (verifies) either that the owner/driver has (no) insurance or not (enough) insurance to pay for your damages/injuries.

It is unclear if you are claiming injuries or car damages or both. If you have collision, then (your) insurance will pay for your car damages. If injuries, then your insurance (if) you have medical payment coverage or PIP will pay for your medical bills up to the limits that you bought.

So in effect you are in a catch 22, since everything will start with the owner's insurance and the owner's insurance MUST talk to the owner (before) they pay or deny your claim.

Yes, you can sue the driver, but if you do, then the driver's insurance must provide a lawyer for free to defend the driver.

Source(s): retired auto adjuster
  • 9 months ago

Two options. Wait, or don't use insurance.

• Scott
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Make a claim under your policy, then the insurance company will try to collect from the other party.

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

Claim it on your uninsured or under insured coverage.

• 9 months ago

Sue the driver of the car. Let him worry about insurance.

• ...Show all comments
    • Rodney9 months agoReport

because they dont know if he even had insurance on the car.. so her insurance company is trying to get ahold of him, and she cant tell them where he is or a phone number for him

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

yesssssssssss ???

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.